Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oatmeal and Eggs

This is the breakfast of champions. It must be! It sure is was hard to give up my yogurt and cereal, but I have made the switch. I used to look at my husband in disgust as he ate plain oatmeal and here I am eating plain oatmeal. I wonder if after my "time is up" I will ever eat it this way again. I must say that I do look forward to it though. It is warm and filling which is better than nothing. The thing is, I only get to eat it on days when I work out with weights. This actually makes me sad because if I didn't get to eat it, I would just get to eat eggs. I guess I will be even more motivated to hit the gym now because it means I get to eat more.

I got my new diet on Saturday night while I was playing poker with some friends. I was NOT a happy camper. The next day was a friend's birthday party at which I was gonna have my cheat meal of the week. Well, according to my new diet, I am not allowed any more cheat meals. BUMMER!!!! I look forward to my pasta meal (usually) every week. And I was especially looking forward to eating my friend's home made lasagna and red velvet cake. I will just leave it at that and say that I started my diet yesterday. ;)

I am supposed to eat six meals and they are pretty set except for the types of meats and veggies I can consume. I hope I can stick with it for 18 weeks.

Did I mention no alcohol either?

I'll just have to keep telling myself, "I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it." Until I actually believe it. I hope that day comes sooner than later because right now all I can think of is would it be okay to have a bottle of champagne on Valentine's Day? Probably not. No chocolates either. I won't even get to eat oatmeal that day....unless I hit the gym in Gatlinburg which is where I will be for the weekend. Now there is something to look forward too!

No comments:

Post a Comment