Friday, February 20, 2009

Bound and determined

I have become more focused this week on the ultimate goal: placing in the competition. Winning is still a dream at this point, but I think I can at least place if I keep working as hard as I have (and not cheating on my diet). It is crazy, but I can't even imagine eating a piece of chocolate right now and it being worth it. I would just be thinking about how bad it was the whole time I was eating it. Plus it would be gone in about two seconds and the only lasting affect it would have on me is in the form a dimple on my butt cheek or thighs. LOL

I am glad I have become not only physically stronger, but mentally as well. I had a regular potato today (with salt & pepper only) and felt pretty bad. But, the restaurant we ate at had butter in the rice and veggies so I couldn't eat either of those. I needed a carb in the form of a sweet potato, rice or oats, but none was available. I didn't eat all of the potato either because I felt like I was cheating on my diet (which I am not sure I technically wasn't, but I wasn't trying to). I did need a carb at that meal and that was the lesser of the evils. Mashed potatoes are definitely not on my "can eat" list.

It is a struggle to eat correctly in restaurants, but it is just something I have to deal with because every meal can't be home cooked (at least not if I'm gonna maintain my sanity). I do cook quite a bit though, especially eggs. LOL I have just about perfected eggs. I still can't really flip a fried egg very well, but I am getting a little better. One of my favorite ways to eat eggs right now is as an omelet with freshly wilted spinach and diced tomatoes. Yummy! It goes so perfectly with a bowl of plain oatmeal. Oh the joy I get from oatmeal. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. It is one of my favorite foods that I can eat right now. Of course, any food that I can eat makes me happy.

Speaking of which, it is about time for another protein shake. I have four different flavors of protein right now. Three of them are chocolate which you would think would be the same flavor. But, it is not. Every brand tastes different and I consider each one to be a different flavor. I am in sad shape, aren't I? Who else even thinks about the flavors of protein? Well, I'm gonna get off here and have my 4th meal of the day.

I do have a birthday party to attend tomorrow. I am pretty sure I have the will power to go. I just need to make sure I have plenty of water to drink!!! That way I won't be tempted to have something of the alcoholic nature....

No comments:

Post a Comment