Monday, February 23, 2009

Just a little taste

This weekend went by quickly. I did NOT consume one drop of alcohol and I went to a party. With karaoke. Needless to say, I did not sing. My aunt kept asking me to get up there, but I just couldn't do it. I was trying too hard not to focus on the yummy cake sitting as the focal point of the room. :( Luckily it was not a chocolate cake, so the temptation was not too bad. Every time someone caught me looking at it or fixing my daughter a plate, they were all "You're not going to eat that for you." It seems like my mom has been bragging on me. :) My whole family now wants to come to this competition. No pressure though.

Anyway, I ate almost a whole Tyson package of Italian grilled chicken while everyone else ate hot dogs, chili, chips and cake, and some really yummy looking lemon cookies. I also ate 3 hard-boiled eggs whites. I also drank two bottles of water. Party on!!!

There were a lot of hot guys there which was a good distraction from the food. I'm pretty sure I kept looking around to see if there was one handsome face I had missed. :) Let's just say I am a big fan of cowboys and there was more than one man there in boots! And country music was the genre of the night. One guy, who was lucky he was wearing a cowboy hat, needed to PUT THE MICROPHONE DOWN already! Fun, fun.

Luckily I had the gym to go to. Not just once, but twice every day. I may have a day of "rest" this week when I only go to the gym one time. That is if I can figure out how to sit down and rest. LOL I just can't figure out how I stay so busy, but I guess I'm not one to sit around. I do have a pretty good chick flick calling my name. I have been neglecting my Netflix lately and maybe it is time to show it a little more attention. I have the Smurfs right now. I have only made it about half way through it, but maybe I can find some time to snuggle up on the couch with my little girl and watch it.



P.S. After a few hours at the party, I did have a little taste of the icing. It just kept calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment