Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trying to stay strong

I am so sore today. I may have to take a day off tomorrow and rest, but maybe not. I did an hour and a half of cardio before 7:30 this morning. It feels so good to get up and do this. Today I walked a different path home. One thing that is awesome about downtown living, is there is a lot of scenery to be seen and all within walking distance from my condo!!! I could walk a different path to the Rush everyday for a month if I really wanted to. Although I like to do most of my wandering around on the trip home.

I have been struggling a little with my diet thanks to more bad news about my daughter. I am really going to try to be strong. I am going to a friend's for dinner to night and taking my food with me!!! I will not be tempted. Yesterday when we got home from the doctor, I baked some homemade banana bread which I didn't initially think I would eat any of. I had some old bananas that needed to be made into bread. Well, I was strong the whole time my husband was eating hot banana bread. Then as I waited for him to return from picking up our sushi dinner, I lost control. First it was just a crumb then it turned into a whole piece. Damn it. I so wish I wouldn't have done it now. It was not worth it. I did feel a little better and more relaxed at the time I ate it, but today I am just thinking about the jiggle in my butt. My aunt is having a dinner on Sunday which will have about 0% for me to eat if I follow my diet. Crap. Looks like I'll be taking some special food for that trip too.

It will all be worth it in the end though. I am actually starting to look forward to this competition even more than I did before. It gives me a good distraction in my life. Something positive to focus on. So, here I am again cheering for myself: Go me! Go me! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment