Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting Fit (whatever that means)

I have been having a hard time committing to my fitness goal. I decided a month or so ago that I wanted to be in a figure competition. I knew it would be lots of work to hit the gym everyday, but I really don't mind at all. The hard part is the DIETING!!! What I mean to say was HARDEST THING I'VE EVER DONE.

The first week wasn't that bad. I ate pretty much perfectly (if there is such a thing) and seemed to be ready to achieve my goals. I had my first cheat day, better yet "meal," and went on my merry way with the dieting. Then I went to Bunco. Bunco was NOT a good thing for my diet. AT ALL. But, I had decided prior to going that I would take that as my cheat day for the week even though it was only Tuesday. I didn't do too horribly bad. That day anyway.

A day or so later I had a complete meltdown. I devoured 1/2 box of chocolate turtles, the rest of the cocoa chex mix, and a few hand full of miniature oreos. All just before bedtime. :( I haven't had that bad of a day since then, but I have been what I would call "cheating" a little. I mean even if you only eat two nacho cheese Doritos, it is still not good. Right?

To make up for it, I have been trying to attend more classes at the gym. Of course I need to be doing that anyway if I am going to be in a bikini in front of a row of judges and other spectators. So to get my body ready for the big day I have started doing some cardio after I do weights. I try to stick to a diet that consists of eggs, oatmeal, whey protein, chicken, fish, veggies, and cottage cheese. I try to only eat red meat twice a week. I try not to eat too many fruits. I don't eat breads. I have recently gotten addicted to trail mix. I don't think it is supposed to be on my diet, but like I said I am having trouble with that. I already am not allowed to eat my yogurt which I was so looking forward too. :(

Anyway, this is me on the start of my journey for the "perfect" body. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment