Monday, January 26, 2009

Fried Chicken

I ended up going to my mom's house for lunch yesterday which was good, but bad. She cooked a good country meal loaded with fat I am sure. I managed to stay away from the macaroni & cheese and cornbread, but I wasn't so great at avoiding the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. She also had Greek spinach and pinto beans which I helped myself to plenty of each. I tried to use those two things as the filler and the "bad" two I ate just enough of to satisfy my taste buds. LOL

Today has not been that bad although after dinner I still felt like I was starving. So I finished off the lowfat cottage cheese in the fridge. I will probably have a protein hot chocolate when I finish this post. Yum. I am at least hoping not to break down and eat a bag of popcorn when I watch a movie with my daughter. I don't know what it is about being on a diet that makes me want to eat more. I guess I just feel like I am depriving myself so therefore my brain will not let my stomach be satisfied with the foods I am supposed to eat. This is the crap I hate the most - feeling like I CAN'T have something to eat...at least something I want. Fight the urge, fight the urge, fight the urge. Maybe if I keep saying it over and over I will win tonight's battle. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment